Customer Support Ninja - Tier 1 (Austin)
If you’re interested in being a part of the game industry and love helping people, Support Ninja may be the position for you. Join our Support team and you will help change the face of digital distribution and raise millions of dollars for charity. Your work will immediately impact our customer base who’ve helped us in raising over $118M for amazing charities like the Red Cross, Child's Play and the ACLU.
Our Support Ninjas love to play games and are passionate about solving problems and helping people in general. As the front line of Humble Bundle's communication with the community, they spend their days talking to customers, identifying bugs, and collecting data that will be used to directly improve the products.
Support Ninjas are responsible for responding to all incoming customer queries via Zendesk and ensuring that Humble Bundle customers have the best possible experience. They rapidly prioritize serious issues, cross collaborate with our Engineers to fix bugs, and are responsible for providing the highest quality customer service at all times.
This is a Tier 1 support position. Tier 1 agents are the first line of defense and will be relied on to help recognize emerging trends and issues. They will focus on handling these issues as well as escalating more in depth tickets to the relevant channels.
This position is located in Austin and you must be physically located in the Austin area, however, it will be a Work From Home position. Should we open an office in Austin in the future, being present in the office during your shift may be required. Remote conferencing in for daily meetings will be mandatory and you may occasionally need to travel to our San Francisco office, which will be covered by the company.
You will be required to work at least one weekend day. Current staffing needs will also have this position working afternoon/evening shifts.
- Manage and respond to support tickets submitted by our customers
- Troubleshoot issues to help diagnose problems
- Coordinate internally with other teams to provide feedback on the products
- Assess and communicate bugs/issues encountered by our customers
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in assisting customers in an online environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Above average ability to process and retain information
- Strong customer service skills and empathy for issues that affect the gaming community
- Previous experience with the Steam platform and PC gaming
- Previous experience with the Google Apps suite
- Previous experience with the Zendesk ticketing system
- A passion for and above average knowledge of gaming in general, including PC/Mac and Android
- An above average knowledge of pop culture in general, including movies, comic books, etc…
- Previous experience with JIRA bug-tracking software
- The ability to work autonomously and track down information independently.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
BENEFITS AT HUMBLE BUNDLE
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
401(k) plan with Employer Matching
Awesome computer setup
Complimentary Hearthstone and StarCraft 2 coaching